What support is there in Bradford?
Healthy Minds, part of the NHS Mental Health Team, has put together updated guidance outlining what support is available in the Bradford district. Please see the PDF view below for more details.
- Family Lives is a family support charity providing help and support to families who are struggling. They have a helpline which operates Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm, and 10am - 3pm Saturday – Sunday.
- Government guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:
- NHS Covid-19 support:
- Covid-19 support:
- NHS Support
This website gives an introduction to NHS mental health services.
- Young Minds
Young Minds is a Parents' / Young Person information service that gives advice about the mental health or emotional wellbeing.
Mind offers support and advice to people experiencing mental health or emotional wellbeing issues.
ChildLine is a counselling service for children and young people. You can contact ChildLine in these ways: You can phone on 0800 1111, send them an email, have a 1-2-1 chat with them, send a message to 'Ask Sam' and you can post messages to the ChildLine message boards. You can contact ChildLine about anything - no problem is too big or too small. If you are feeling scared or out of control or just want to talk to someone you can contact ChildLine.
0800 11 11
The NSPCC is the UK's leading children's charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover.
Kooth.com is an online counselling service that provides vulnerable young people, between the ages of 11 and 25, with advice and support for emotional or mental health problems. Kooth.com offers users a free, confidential, safe and anonymous way to access help.
- Calm (subscription required)
Calm for mindfulness and meditation brings clarity, joy and peace to your daily life. Join the millions experiencing the life-changing benefits of meditation and mindfulness. Reduce anxiety, sleep better and feel happier.
- Headspace for Kids (subscription required)
Learn to meditate and live mindfully with hundreds of themed sessions on everything from stress to sleep.
- Here are some other suggestions, including a document produced by the University of Reading and the University of Oxford for parents to support children and young people dealing with Covid-19: