Vision and Ethos
We are uncompromising in our vision for excellence and enjoyment for all pupils in all areas of the curriculum across school, to ensure that our children have the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to lead successful lives both now and in the future.
This vision is under pinned by:
- Staff that have an unwavering commitment to the school and its pupils and are equipped to provide a high quality education
- A curriculum that is shaped by listening to our pupils, their parents, staff and governors
- An embedded culture and practice of our school ethos
- School leaders that are relentless in their ambition to provide the best possible education for its pupils
- A school community that is fully supportive and proud of the school
Together We Can
Our Curriculum Aims
At Blakehill Primary School, we aim to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that enables all pupils to:
- Know that they come first in all that we think/do at Blakehill
- Achieve academic excellence across the curriculum
- Believe that they CAN
- Enjoy and excel in their learning
- Have respect for themselves and for others
- Have their work, effort and achievements valued and celebrated
- Have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Have access to a wide range of enrichment activities
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills to be successful now and in the future
- Support physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Promote the learning and development of our youngest children and ensure they are ready for Key Stage 1
- Feel successful in their learning; have high self esteem
- Be creative, independent learners
- Be given significant time to learn new skills and have time to practise those skills
- Have the flexibility to decide how best to learn in different situations
- Become successful lifelong learners
- Be able to evaluate and assess their own learning and know what to do to improve further
- Develop their critical thinking
- Embed what they have learned
Reception have loved our work on ‘The Worrysaurus’ story by @RBrightBooks and illustrated by @ChrisChatterton. It really made the children think about how we can chase our worries away. #eyfs #wellbeing #earlyreading
Thank you once again to all our wonderful Blakehill families for your donations to Bradford Metropolitan Food Bank for our harvest appeal. Too much for one car load! We really appreciate your generosity.
RW have loved non-uniform day today. We have even had some spooky visitors!
What a scary bunch in RP! We have loved dressing up for non-uniform day today.
Thanks to all who joined our ‘Walk for Belle’ this morning. Lovely to see staff, parents and pupils past and present! Any donations for the Bone Cancer Research Trust gratefully received at the school office.
Our very first PE lesson in RP! We had lots of fun and were superstars at getting changed!
Helen from Bradford Metropolitan Food Bank visited Blakehill today to launch our Harvest Appeal. We are always very proud of the generosity of our families and all donations large or small greatly appreciated! #bradfordmetropolitanfoodbank #Harvest2021
Our popular app for parents & educators is FREE to download! 🤩 📢 Packed with the latest #OnlineSafety guides, PLUS parent courses presented by the fantastic Myleene Klass, our free app will empower you to keep children safe online! 🙌 Download today >> https://t.co/NRPEttFoqR https://t.co/rMd7GSYkHS