Vision and Ethos
We are uncompromising in our vision for excellence and enjoyment for all pupils in all areas of the curriculum across school, to ensure that our children have the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to lead successful lives both now and in the future.
This vision is under pinned by:
- Staff that have an unwavering commitment to the school and its pupils and are equipped to provide a high quality education
- A curriculum that is shaped by listening to our pupils, their parents, staff and governors
- An embedded culture and practice of our school ethos
- School leaders that are relentless in their ambition to provide the best possible education for its pupils
- A school community that is fully supportive and proud of the school
Together We Can
Our Curriculum Aims
At Blakehill Primary School, we aim to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that enables all pupils to:
- Know that they come first in all that we think/do at Blakehill
- Achieve academic excellence across the curriculum
- Believe that they CAN
- Enjoy and excel in their learning
- Have respect for themselves and for others
- Have their work, effort and achievements valued and celebrated
- Have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Have access to a wide range of enrichment activities
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills to be successful now and in the future
- Support physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Promote the learning and development of our youngest children and ensure they are ready for Key Stage 1
- Feel successful in their learning; have high self esteem
- Be creative, independent learners
- Be given significant time to learn new skills and have time to practise those skills
- Have the flexibility to decide how best to learn in different situations
- Become successful lifelong learners
- Be able to evaluate and assess their own learning and know what to do to improve further
- Develop their critical thinking
- Embed what they have learned
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Reception this afternoon!
4J have been calculating the perimeter of their own shapes created using post it notes. We started off with simple rectilinear shapes and then thought outside the box to create more complex designs. #perimeter #maths #ks2
Fun in the snow for our Reception children today!
Fabulous ‘d’ formation in Reception today!
All dressed up for Children in Need in RP! Very excited to be wearing yellow and raising money for a great cause too.
Very busy in Reception today! We have been making our handprints for the Blakehill rainbow using our Peter Pointer purple paint prints. Can you tell that today’s sound was ‘p’?
We had great fun in Reception this morning writing ‘t’ on our T-Rex footprints!