We aim to enjoy coming to school every day to fulfill our potential and develop a lifelong love of learning!
Each child has a home reading book and record. We have assessed and chosen the level of this book for your child in order to ensure this meets their reading needs. We will read this book with your child in class but it is also important that they are read with daily at home. This is part of their weekly homework. Your child will benefit from reading 4-5 pages and then talking about what they have read. They could discuss the characters, what they think will happen next or answer questions you ask them.
Every time your child reads at home, they earn a sticker on their reading chart which, when completed, will see them celebrated in our Celebration Assembly on a Monday.
Please use the document below to help you ask your children questions as they read. This document is also stuck into your child's reading record.
Weekly homework is:
- Spellings (Word mountains) practise for 15 minutes 3 times a week. Given out on Friday and tested the following Friday
- Times table and KIRF practise for 15 minutes 3 times a week. Given out on Friday and tested the following Friday
- Reading at least 3 times a week.
- An optional termly homework project linked to topics.
All children have been given a book for them to practise their mental maths and spellings this need to come back to school on Fridays.
We do PE twice a week. On a Thursday morning, we have indoor PE lessons and on a Tuesday afternoon we have outdoor PE lessons. Please be aware that where possible, outdoor PE lessons will take place and so your child will need to have a jumper and a warm, waterproof coat for this outdoor session. Swimming will commence In February.
Your child will need:
Indoor Kit: Children will need black or navy shorts, a white T-shirt and black pumps.
Outdoor Kit: Long black or blue jogging bottoms, a white PE T-shirt and a warm black or blue jumper to keep them warm in the winter months. Children will also need suitable trainers.
All items will need to be labelled.
We would encourage a named water bottle to be brought into school for your child to use regulary. Bottles should be taken home daily to be cleaned. We ask that your child only has water in their bottle and no other type of drink.
Please ensure that your child has the correct uniform
- School tie
- White shirt/polo shirt
- Charcoal (dark grey) trousers / skirt / dress
- Charcoal (dark grey) shorts
- A blue and white checked dress may be worn in the summer months
- V-neck navy blue jumper / cardigan with school logo
- Black shoes
- Black/white socks or tights
- Trainers can be worn for PE and at break times. Shoes or pumps should be worn in school at all times.