Hello 1G it's Miss Gardner!
I hope you are all well and keeping busy at home completing lots of tasks set so far!
I have uploaded a couple of new tasks - Have a go at them if you can.
Remember to have fun at home as well as learn. It is important to do 1 or 2 tasks a day to keep your mind busy. You can:
- Read fiction and non-fiction books
- Go on phonics play
- Go on RM Maths
- Go on Purple Mash
- Practise your timetables on TT Rockstars
All these are fantastic learning tools which will help you progress in each subject.
Logins: You have the same login for every website.
Having trouble with something or need a helping hand?
If you are having trouble or need to ask me a question go on the school website.
In the top right corner it says log in.
Put your user name and password in.
You can send me a message and ask me questions.
You can also send your friends a message too.
Other Websites to keep you busy:
- PE with Joe Wicks: ( Youtube)
- Topmarks (Great acitivites - especially Hit the button. tens and ones and counting to 100 and timestables - Splat!)
- Oxford Owl - Lots of free books to read to practise your fluency
- Phonics Play
Remember to also practise:
- Word mountains and High Frequency Words
- Number bonds to 10 and 20 and the subtractions to go with it
EG 7+ 3 = 10 3+7 = 10
10 -7= 3 10- 3=7
- Count in 2s/5s/10s
Reading Comprehension from the Story "The Smartest Giant in Town"
- Watch the story
- Look at the questions ( Either print them out if you have a printer OR get a grown up to write the questions out OR discuss it with someone else)
- After you have completed the questions can you create a role on the all about the main character?
On the outside of the character: What do you know about them?
On the inside of the character: How might the character feel at different points in the story. Why? Use because to justify your reason
You must consent to the use of advertising cookies to allow this YouTube video to show.
Role on the wall - get a grown up to copy this picture so you can complete a role on the wall about the giant.
Just before we broke up we were learning about plurals.
We know that plurals means 'more than one'
Singular - 1 e.g Cat
Plural - more than 1 e.g Cats
When a word is plural we can add 's' or 'es' to the end of the word
- Go onto www.phonicsplay.co.uk ( This is free during the COVID19 Pandemic)
- On the left hand side you will see Phase 5 click it
- Scroll down to 5d click it
- Look for "Adding s and es"
- Follow slides and play the game
Search your house for different objects for example: sock - singular socks - Plural
Use your purple book to write down the singular and the plural.
See if you can spell them correctly using the spelling rules.
Further Maths Support for Home Learning
The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group from Year 1-8. They will be adding five more each week for the next few weeks. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully.
Just follow these four easy steps…
- Click on the set of lessons for your child’s year group.
- Watch the video (either on your own or with your child).
- Find a calm space where your child can work for about 20-30 minutes.
- Use the video guidance to support your child as they work through a lesson.
Your First Task:
Please complete the Year 1, Week 1 learning resources on the White Rose Maths website. The link is: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
You will be learning about:
Capacity and Volume
Once you have watched the video and completed the questions, you can check your answers with a grown up. Don’t worry if you do not have a printer, you can talk each answer through with an adult or write your answers down in your purple home learning book.
Take a look at your friends broad bean plants that have been sent in to Miss Gardner!