Vision and Ethos
We are uncompromising in our vision for excellence and enjoyment for all pupils in all areas of the curriculum across school, to ensure that our children have the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to lead successful lives both now and in the future.
This vision is under pinned by:
- Staff that have an unwavering commitment to the school and its pupils and are equipped to provide a high quality education
- A curriculum that is shaped by listening to our pupils, their parents, staff and governors
- An embedded culture and practice of our school ethos
- School leaders that are relentless in their ambition to provide the best possible education for its pupils
- A school community that is fully supportive and proud of the school
Together We Can
Our Curriculum Aims
At Blakehill Primary School, we aim to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that enables all pupils to:
- Know that they come first in all that we think/do at Blakehill
- Achieve academic excellence across the curriculum
- Believe that they CAN
- Enjoy and excel in their learning
- Have respect for themselves and for others
- Have their work, effort and achievements valued and celebrated
- Have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Have access to a wide range of enrichment activities
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills to be successful now and in the future
- Support physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Promote the learning and development of our youngest children and ensure they are ready for Key Stage 1
- Feel successful in their learning; have high self esteem
- Be creative, independent learners
- Be given significant time to learn new skills and have time to practise those skills
- Have the flexibility to decide how best to learn in different situations
- Become successful lifelong learners
- Be able to evaluate and assess their own learning and know what to do to improve further
- Develop their critical thinking
- Embed what they have learned
The first day for more of our wonderful new Reception children today and what a day we’ve had! We have had a brilliant time getting to know each other and having lots of fun!
The children who have started in RW this morning have had a fantastic first day exploring the environment with their friends. Here are just a few pictures of our busy children. We are so proud of them all!
Very proud of our new starters in RP today! Our first full day in school flew by as we were having so much fun, we can’t wait to do it all again tomorrow!
Everyone had a fabulous time at our final welcome session this morning. Our lovely children were very busy having fun, exploring the setting and making new friends. Thank you Michelle and the ladies in the kitchen for all our wonderful welcome session lunches over the last week!
Another fabulous session for our Reception children this morning! What kind and helpful children we have, they were brilliant at tidy up time! We can’t wait to see you all back in school soon!
More fun in the sunshine making new friends in Reception! The children loved exploring the setting and especially having pizza for lunch!
Another brilliant Welcome Session for Reception this morning! It was great to welcome new parents to our school and to see some familiar faces! The children had an an amazing time exploring, meeting the staff and making new friends!
A fabulous first Welcome Session in Reception for our first starters of the year!
COMPETITION TIME! To say thank you to teachers & educators for their phenomenal support of #whentheskyfalls & to celebrate the launch of a series of 10 videos I’ve recorded for use in schools- @AndersenPress and I would like to offer you the following opportunity. https://t.co/Bgfb62ab3Q