Vision and Ethos
We are uncompromising in our vision for excellence and enjoyment for all pupils in all areas of the curriculum across school, to ensure that our children have the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to lead successful lives both now and in the future.
This vision is under pinned by:
- Staff that have an unwavering commitment to the school and its pupils and are equipped to provide a high quality education
- A curriculum that is shaped by listening to our pupils, their parents, staff and governors
- An embedded culture and practice of our school ethos
- School leaders that are relentless in their ambition to provide the best possible education for its pupils
- A school community that is fully supportive and proud of the school
Together We Can
Our Curriculum Aims
At Blakehill Primary School, we aim to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that enables all pupils to:
- Know that they come first in all that we think/do at Blakehill
- Achieve academic excellence across the curriculum
- Believe that they CAN
- Enjoy and excel in their learning
- Have respect for themselves and for others
- Have their work, effort and achievements valued and celebrated
- Have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Have access to a wide range of enrichment activities
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills to be successful now and in the future
- Support physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Promote the learning and development of our youngest children and ensure they are ready for Key Stage 1
- Feel successful in their learning; have high self esteem
- Be creative, independent learners
- Be given significant time to learn new skills and have time to practise those skills
- Have the flexibility to decide how best to learn in different situations
- Become successful lifelong learners
- Be able to evaluate and assess their own learning and know what to do to improve further
- Develop their critical thinking
- Embed what they have learned
Very proud of our Reception award winners today!
Making the most of our last two days in Reception!
Very proud of our fabulous writing in Reception today. Can you tell that we’re very happy to be back at school?
A picnic lunch for Reception too!
Reception enjoyed our snack in the sunshine this morning after a very busy PE session on the field!
3J have been learning about turns and angles. They wrote a set of instructions for their friend to follow and could only use right angles to move towards their goal. #anticlockwise #clockwise #90degrees #rightangle
A fond farewell to our butterflies this afternoon in Reception, as we released them on our school field and waved goodbye!
Wow, lots of excitement in Reception today! Our caterpillars are at last emerging into beautiful butterflies!