Vision and Ethos
We are uncompromising in our vision for excellence and enjoyment for all pupils in all areas of the curriculum across school, to ensure that our children have the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to lead successful lives both now and in the future.
This vision is under pinned by:
- Staff that have an unwavering commitment to the school and its pupils and are equipped to provide a high quality education
- A curriculum that is shaped by listening to our pupils, their parents, staff and governors
- An embedded culture and practice of our school ethos
- School leaders that are relentless in their ambition to provide the best possible education for its pupils
- A school community that is fully supportive and proud of the school
Together We Can
Our Curriculum Aims
At Blakehill Primary School, we aim to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that enables all pupils to:
- Know that they come first in all that we think/do at Blakehill
- Achieve academic excellence across the curriculum
- Believe that they CAN
- Enjoy and excel in their learning
- Have respect for themselves and for others
- Have their work, effort and achievements valued and celebrated
- Have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Have access to a wide range of enrichment activities
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills to be successful now and in the future
- Support physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Promote the learning and development of our youngest children and ensure they are ready for Key Stage 1
- Feel successful in their learning; have high self esteem
- Be creative, independent learners
- Be given significant time to learn new skills and have time to practise those skills
- Have the flexibility to decide how best to learn in different situations
- Become successful lifelong learners
- Be able to evaluate and assess their own learning and know what to do to improve further
- Develop their critical thinking
- Embed what they have learned
Super proud of our amazing Reception children at Sports Day this morning - great attitude and team spirit! Thank you to all our families who came to support us too.
Reception have had an amazing day at Thornton Hall Farm. We loved the tractor safari ride and especially enjoyed meeting all the animals. Thank you so much to all our parent helpers who helped make it such a fabulous day!
The children in Reception have been busy finding out all about Queen Elizabeth II and her amazing 70 year reign! We dressed up in red, white and blue and celebrated with a Jubilee Tea Party. #EYFS #PlatinumJubilee @KensingtonRoyal @RoyalFamily
Jubilee preparations are well under way in Reception. We have been busy today finger printing some amazing Union Jack flags for our celebrations tomorrow!
Chris from Zoolab has visited Reception this morning and brought some amazing friends with him! We loved meeting Gary the Giant African Land Snail, Milton the Giant Millipede and Max the Madagascan Hissing Cockroach to name a few! Thank you Chris for an amazing morning! #zoolab
Bubbly fun in the sun for Reception class today!
Working hard on our minibeast watercolours in Reception this morning!
A busy day in Reception in the beautiful spring sunshine today. #EYFS
A busy afternoon in Reception planting our vegetable seeds! Some great teamwork involved in preparing, planting and watering. We can’t wait for them to grow!
We had lots of fun working on our ball skills in Reception this morning. We used tennis balls to practise bouncing, balancing, passing, catching, dribbling and retrieving the ball.